The Central Ala Moana
SamKoo Pacific, the developer of the 484 unit Kapiolani Residence is planning to break ground on their 2nd tower, The Central Ala Moana at the start of 2019. This condominium will be located behind Ala Moana Shopping Center and feature 512 units, which is slightly larger than Kapiolani Residence. There was a high demand for Kapiolani Residence and I expect there to be a similar demand for the Central Ala Moana.
SamKoo is planning to begin sales for the 512 units in The Central Ala Moana, which will be made up of 60 percent affordable units (310 units) and 40 percent market price units (202 units), similar to Kapiolani Residence, by the end of this year per Timothy Yi, president of Samkoo Pacific and SamKoo Hawaii as reported by Pacific Business News.
The Central Ala Moana, which will be located on the makai side of Kapiolani Boulevard at Kona Iki Street (Taste Tea Lot). It will be 400ft high, feature 43 stories and larger units than SamKoo’s 1st project. Kapiolani Residence featured 45 stories so The Central Ala Moana is expected to have slightly higher ceiling heights, along with slightly higher prices and better finishes.
The Central Ala Moana
- 512 Total Units
- 310 Affordable (HHFDC)
- Affordable Housing Prices Ranging from $280,000 – $700,000
- Market Pricing from $580,000 – $1,400,000
- Estimated Maintenance fees 0.62 per square foot
- Units Features: AC, Keyless Entry Systems, Touchscreen Appliances
- Studios from 389 sf – 440 sf
- 1-Bedrooms from 690 sf – 700 sf
- 2-Bedrooms from 990 sf – 1,100 sf
- 3-Bedrooms from 1,240 sf – 1,540 sf
- 11th floor Amenity Deck
- Infinity Pool
- Kids Pool & Playground
- Fitness Center
- Recreation Center
- BBQ Cabanas
The Central Ala Moana is planned to be built by the same team working on Kapiolani Residence designed by Design Partners and built by Hawaiian Dredging Construction Co. as the general contractor.
* All pictures and renderings courtesy of Samkoo Pacific and SamKoo Hawaii. All information subject to change by the developer. Prices, floor plans, finishes, etc. have yet to be released. If you would like to receive updates regarding this project please contact me below.
Affordable Housing Seminars
To give yourself the best chance at securing a unit or if you would like to attend an affordable housing seminar please contact me at (808) 351-8394 | JosephC@BetterHawaii.com (or use the registration below) and let me help you walk you through the buying process, get pre-qualified with a lender, and to receive updated notices on new releases.
Make sure you have a Buyers Agent!
* I do not represent the developer of The Central Ala Moana which is Samkoo Pacific and SamKoo Hawaii nor am I part of the sales team. I make no representations on their behalf. If you want information directly from the sales office I urge you to contact them directly. If you would like me to help represent you as your real estate professional I would be happy to meet with you.
Hawaii Starts Here | Joseph Castaneda (RA)
Joseph is realtor-associate with Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Advantage Realty. He majored in finance and has experience as a former mortgage loan originator. He has helped buyers both with new project loans and going through the process of applying and obtaining units in new projects. He uses his finance, mortgage, and real estate knowledge to help home buyers find the right properties to fit their needs. He has helped 20+ buyers close or secure properties in new projects just in 2018 alone. Contact Joseph by phone or email at (808) 351-8394 or JosephC@BetterHawaii.com